Housing in Gothenburg

In Gothenburg, it's quite difficult to find housing quickly. Find out what options are available and start your housing search as soon as you know you want to study here. The two major landlords for student apartments in Gothenburg are SGS Studentbostäder and Chalmers Studentbostäder.

Student account and Ladok

As a new student at the University of Gothenburg, you need to activate your student account. If you have a Swedish personal identity number and login credentials for antagning.se or eduID, you can activate your student account yourself. You can then register for both independent courses and program courses through the registration function in the Ladok Services on the Student Portal.


To be able to order your GU card, you need to be registered as a student at the University of Gothenburg. Click "Read more" to find out how to order your card. The next step is to visit one of GU's Service Centers to have your photo taken and pick up your card.

Grants for Swedish students

Student grants are available for those who are studying at a university, college, or vocational college. Click on "Read more" to find out how to apply for student grants.

Course litterature

It can be difficult to know the best way to find course literature. Here are some examples of simple ways to do it.